Tuesday 23 December 2014

[http://election-richmond-park.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/should-social-care-be-given-same.html is a more interesting post showing how little the main candidates want to divert money to social care from sport or whatever - this is just politicing]

Dear Sachin Patel
Congratulations on your plan to stand as a Richmond Park candidate in the next election.
I have an idea for what third candidates can do in elections and wonder if anyone, yourself included, would consider it. I might do it myself.

The idea is to state that you will stand-down 20 days before the election if one of the top two candidates agrees to rebel against their party on a specific request.
The request I have in mind is a clear national budget for social care, ring-fenced, transparent and read-out in the budget speech alongside the health budget.

Just an idea.
It's a bank holiday and I doubt you want to respond quickly if at all, but any thoughts are welcome. I could meet and explain if you like.
regards
John Robertson 2 Avenue Gardens, London SW14 8BP [phone number given]
[Contact details found on yournextmp.com/constituency/65598/richmond-park]

No comments:

Post a Comment